Specialist Palliative Care Staff Page
The consortium facilitates collaboration, information sharing and professional development for clinicians working in specialist palliative care services in the region. We also sometimes call on the skills of our specialist staff in assisting us with our work in aged care, disability and MND.
For further information on the following activities please contact Tanja Bahro, Consortium Manager. Tanja has extensive experience in palliative care project management.
Our member agencies can receive free in-house training in the following areas:
- Cultural Diversity and working with interpreters
- Motor Neurone Disease related topics
- Working with people with intellectual disabilities
- Promoting Quality of Life speakers kit – train- the trainer
- Palliative care conversations training kit – train the trainer
Annual regional clinical forum
The highlight of the consortium year is our clinical forum, where we bring clinicians from all member agencies together to lean from each other and discuss topical issues. The 2018 Forum was facilitated by Beth Wilson and dealt with ethical dilemmas in clinical practice. It had the highest attendance and the greatest satisfaction rate so far.
The next Clinical forum is planned for early May 2019.