For Specialist Palliative Care Staff
The consortium facilitates collaboration, information sharing and professional development for clinicians working in specialist palliative care services in the region. We also sometimes call on the skills of our specialist staff in assisting us with our work in aged care, disability and MND.
Our member agencies can receive free in-house training in the following areas:
- Cultural Diversity and working with interpreters
- Motor Neurone Disease related topics
- Parkinson’s Disease related topics
- Working with people with intellectual disabilities
- Promoting Quality of Life Speakers Kit – Train the Trainer
- Palliative Care Conversations Training Kit – Train the Trainer
Consider the Carer
This resource is aimed at clinicians and helps them to better understand the practical and financial issues around caring for someone with a terminal illness. It includes relevant links to organisations that can assist with finances and practical issues.
MND – Information for the Palliative Care Team
This resource is designed with summary information to help staff care for people with MND and their family or carers and includes:
- Information and education about MND and its management
- A list of contacts and resources for health professionals
- An example of a nursing care plan for someone with MND
Parkinson’s Disease resource for palliative care staff
A guide for staff who are caring for people with Parkinson’s Disease (PD) in the palliative stage. This guide:
- sets out an example care plan with issues commonly faced in terminal stages
- reviews specific symptom management
- notes which medications for people with PD are contraindicated and suggests substitutes
- includes contact details for further help and information.
To access this guide please contact SMRPCC Consortium Manager Tanja Bahro at email@example.com
SMRPCC has many resources, including those listed above. For more resources and links to other organisations:
Go to SMRPCC’s Resources and Links page.
Annual regional clinical forum
The highlight of the consortium year has been our clinical forum, where we brought clinicians from all member agencies together to learn from each other and discuss topical issues.
For further information, please contact Tanja Bahro, Consortium Manager. Tanja has extensive experience in palliative care project management.
0418 584 106