Palliative care and people living in group homes
When people who live in disability group homes are diagnosed with a terminal illness, this poses some challenges for both the staff in group homes and palliative care staff. The SMRPCC Disability Program aims to connect relevant services and provide training and resources to achieve the best outcomes for residents and health professionals alike.
Tanja Bahro, Consortium Manager
Tanja has extensive experience in palliative care and disability management.
If you are in the Southern Metro region and have a resident who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, please feel free to contact us. We can assist with referral to palliative care and targeted training.
Disability Facebook page
Our Facebook page keeps you informed about interesting articles, news and resources in the area of palliative care and intellectual disability.
CLICK HERE! to open Facebook page.
Fact Sheet Series
- No 1 What is palliative care (2015)
- No 2 Advance care planning (2016)
- No 3 Care planning for palliative care (2016)
- No 4 Involvement of the coroner (2016)
- No 5 Bereavement in a group home (2016)
- No 6 Advocating for people with a terminal illness in a group home (2017)
- No 7 The process of Dying (2017)
- No 8 How to care and listen (2018)
- No 9 Care and dying where the resident chooses (2019)
- No 10 Consent and decision making for medical treatment (2019)