Residential Aged Care
COVID-19 | Aged Care Sector
Victorian specific COVID-19 resources and information for aged care providers on preventing, planning for and managing COVID-19 outbreaks in Victorian residential aged care services.
Key COVID-19 Resources
NIK T34 Syringe Driver | Education Resource
(14 August 2020)
- A Link Nurse Network has been established to share ideas and resources across RACFs via PATSI meetings
- Linkages with Key Stakeholders to ensure shared resources and common goals and identify activities that support the implementation of the processes
- Ongoing training on ‘Palliative Approach’ is planned for facilities across the Southern Region and expressions of interest
- The website will continue to post relevant links, resources and information
Currently the consortium has a focus on supporting RACFs to review their current practices around the provision of palliative care. The Deceased Resident File Audit assists facilities to develop their auditing skills. By reviewing the files of deceased residents, facilities can identify their current practice standards and opportunities for improvement.
In addition, the project worker can assist facilities to review their documentation, policies and procedures, resources and educational requirements. In addition, the relationship with specialist palliative care and residential in-reach teams can be strengthened.
On site education and support can be offered to project participants, with the intended outcome of improved palliative experiences for residents, family and staff.
For information on current activities, please contact Consortium Manager Tanja Bahro at email@example.com.
The Palliative Care Advice Service is a phone-based service for anyone seeking specialist guidance and advice about life-limiting illness. It’s for those living with the illness and those who support them, such as family, friends, neighbours and all healthcare workers. For more information:
- Go to www.pcas.org.au
- Or call 1800 360 000 7 am to 10 pm 7 days a week