Residential Aged Care
AGED CARE COVID-19 INFORMATION
(updated 3 August 2020)
NEW … Updated Guidelines on PPE ( 3 August 2020)
There is updated guidance from the Department of Health and Human Services on the correct usage and type of PPE to be worn by all healthcare workers.
- It is critical that you all read this information and download
- Further information can be found here … COVID-19 – A guide to the conventional use of PPE (DHHS 31 July 2020)
Personal Protective Equipment
- Advice on use of PPE/ Masks in RACFs 13 July 2020 … CLICK HERE!
- Where to get PPE when there is a suspected/ confirmed case of COVID-19. Please send an email to the following address detailing the outbreak in your facility… agedcareCOVIDPPE@health.gov.au
- Online training for the correct use and fitting of PPE … CLICK HERE!
RACF COVID-19 SCREENING TOOL
- RACF Covid 19 screening tool including implementation and data collection kits. (accessed 14.7.2020)
- Basic Clinical Guidance for COVID-19 positive residents
- COVID-19 RACF Checklist (developed by SMRPCC)
- Code of Guidance for Visiting RACFs (6.7.2020)
Online Infection Control Training
- COVID-19 online training – Australian Government
- Infection Control Training – 10 Modules. Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare
Further Information and Resources
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 7, 30 July 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 6, 24 July 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter & Resources No 5, 13 July 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter & Resources No 4, 3 July 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 3, 10 Apr 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 2, 2 Apr 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 1, 27 Mar 2020
- RACF Resources, 5 May 2020
- A Link Nurse Network has been established to share ideas and resources across RACFs via PATSI meetings
- Linkages with Key Stakeholders to ensure shared resources and common goals and identify activities that support the implementation of the processes
- Ongoing training on ‘Palliative Approach’ is planned for facilities across the Southern Region and expressions of interest
- The website will continue to post relevant links, resources and information
The current aged care project worker is Jane Newbound.
Jane has extensive experience in the aged care sector and is currently approaching facilities in the Southern Metropolitan region to participate in the Deceased Resident File Audit Project.
Jane is contactable via the following:
Currently the consortium has a focus on supporting RACFs to review their current practices around the provision of palliative care. The Deceased Resident File Audit assists facilities to develop their auditing skills. By reviewing the files of deceased residents, facilities can identify their current practice standards and opportunities for improvement.
In addition, the project worker can assist facilities to review their documentation, policies and procedures, resources and educational requirements. In addition, the relationship with specialist palliative care and residential in-reach teams can be strengthened.
On site education and support can be offered to project participants, with the intended outcome of improved palliative experiences for residents, family and staff.
To view Aged Care resources CLICK HERE!