Invitation to attend: Time of Dying Webinar Series
An invitation is extended to General Practitioners and other interested health professionals to attend these CPD approved education events on end of life in Palliative Care. CLICK HERE! for details
Please print off and let your staff know .. It’s free!
AGED CARE – COVID-19 INFORMATION
The current Covid-19 pandemic is causing great hardship to the aged care sector. We want you to know that we are here to support you and will try not to overload you with additional information.
We have developed some resources that may be able to assist you but recognise at the moment you are receiving huge volumes of information to wade through.
Our recommendation is that you keep the lines of communication open with your management/ executive and both state and federal departments of health.
Throughout the pandemic, information and guidance will be changing very frequently. Below are the links to the departments. It is critical that you are aware of any relevant information you may need to your facility to adhere to the current guidance.
In addition we have sourced and developed a range of resources to assist you. Please click on the following link to find newsletters, updates, government advice, clinical and educational guidelines.
We recognise that this is a time of confusion, overwhelming concern and anxiety. This in addition to the ever increasing workload you are experiencing as a result of the issues on top of your usual daily care for your residents means your staff may be feeling fatigued, overwhelmed and scared.
If you have any questions or requests for information please don’t hesitate to contact me on the details below. We will try to support you in any way we can during this time.
Mobile: 0433418010 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Support for the Aged Care Sector
On Monday 27 July 2020, industry released The Guiding Principles for residential aged care – keeping Victorian residents and workers safe (the Principles) with the support of Government, peak bodies and unions.
Support is available to aged care workers whose regular working arrangements have changed as a result of the Principles. These workers can get free counselling services from Converge International.
CLICK HERE! for information regarding services that have been implemented to support the aged care sector staff.
Taking a resident home from residential aged care in an outbreak
- This DHHS factsheet is for residential aged care facilities (RACF) in Victoria.
During an outbreak in a RACF, sometimes residents and their families request that the resident be cared for at home. This information is for residents, families, carers, representatives and RACF providers to help guide their decision making.
Educational Materials on the NIKI T34 Syringe Driver (14 August 2020)
Updated Guidelines on PPE ( 3 August 2020)
There is updated guidance from the Department of Health and Human Services on the correct usage and type of PPE to be worn by all healthcare workers.
Further Information and Resources
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 8, 26 August 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 7, 30 July 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 6, 24 July 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter & Resources No 5, 13 July 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter & Resources No 4, 3 July 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 3, 10 Apr 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 2, 2 Apr 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Newsletter No 1, 27 Mar 2020
- RACF Resources, 5 May 2020
- Clinical Management of COVID-19, Interim Guidance WHO, 27 May 2020
- Industry code for visiting residential aged care homes during COVID-19
- Training Tool for the Correct Use of Personal Protective Equipment & Respiratory Mask Fit Testing
- COVID-19 CHECKLIST, 2 Apr 2020
- COVID-19 RACF Resource List No 1, 27 Mar 2020
- Basic Clinical Guidelines for COVID-19 Positive Residents