Palliative Approach workshop – Communication Skills | Palliative Care Tasmania
September 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
One-hour free, live, online session with renowned Clinical and Forensic Psychologist David Cherry
David will explore with us:
- how to structure a difficult conversation and find a positive purpose;
- the need to be clear about your own goals in a potentially difficult conversation;
- the importance of empathy and the different ways of empathically connecting with others;
- delivering difficult news and
- supporting people (of any age) who are acutely emotionally distressed.
This session is suitable for PCT Members and anyone who would like to know more about having difficult conversations, including health professionals, nurses, doctors, allied health, primary health providers, aged care and home care providers, community service professionals, educators, volunteers across and the sector, carers or family and friends.
There will be opportunities to ask David questions within the session. The session will not be recorded.