- This event has passed.
Working with culturally diverse teams (Cultural diversity and palliative care series – topic 5)
November 20 @ 1:00 pm - 1:50 pmFree
For palliative care, acute and aged care clinicians.
Join our free 50-minute online session and improve your knowledge and skill around cultural diversity in the palliative care context.
Topics in this session include:
- values and end of life – the intersection
- considering culture in building teams
- conflict negotiation
Presenter: Tanja Bahro, manager of the Southern Metro Palliative Care Consortium has many years’ experience in cultural diversity policy and education. Her presentation style is interactive and engaging, and you will not be bored!
Each session will be delivered via Zoom and have a maximum of 12 participants.
To register: Click here.
The Cultural diversity and palliative care program consists of a series of 5 topics over multiple dates. Other topics and session dates include:
- Cultural diversity essentials (Wed 21 Oct 1pm – 1:50pm)
- Cross cultural communication and intro to working with interpreters (Thurs 29 Oct 2pm – 2:50pm)
- Cultural diversity and health (Tue 3 Nov 1pm – 1:50pm)
- Health literacy and palliative care (Wed 11 Nov 2pm – 2:50pm)
To register for the above topics, please return to the calendar and select the session date or view the flyer (and click the relevant course link).