- This event has passed.
Trauma-informed practice in aged care: Practical strategies (webinar)
April 28 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
For those working in the aged care sector.
Presented by Phoenix Australia – Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health, as part of the Australian Government’s Grief and Trauma Response Package.
This free webinar will explore how trauma-informed care can be introduced throughout the aged care sector to better support older people affected by trauma.
A panel of trauma experts and advocates for older Australians will introduce the principles of trauma-informed practice in an aged care context and discuss a range of practical strategies that individuals and organisations can consider when introducing this approach.
What the webinar will cover:
- using a trauma-informed approach to caring for people in aged care who have been impacted by trauma
- practical strategies designed for the aged care sector, and examples of how they can be applied.
Who should attend:
- The webinar is designed for:
aged care sector staff including personal care workers, clinical, nursing, allied health and wellbeing staff, and leaders and managers
- aged care peak bodies staff.
- Nicole Sadler, Head, Policy and Practice, Phoenix Australia
- Anne-Laure Couineau, Director, Policy & Service Development, Phoenix Australia
- Dr Richard Bonwick, Consultant Psychiatrist to Phoenix Australia
- Dr Ros Lethbridge, Senior Clinical Specialist, Phoenix Australia
- Debra Nicholl, Advocacy Manager, Elder Rights Advocacy
For further information or to register: Click here