- This event has passed.
Responding to Emotions in Aged Care: Tips and practical strategies
April 14 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
For health professionals and those working in aged care.
This webinar will share tips and practical strategies for health care professionals and those working in aged care when responding to strong emotions such as fear, anger and sadness. Participants will be guided by education experts in healthcare communication whilst exploring the topics of empathy, listening and reflection and why these are important skills when supporting patients and carers in aged care.
During this workshop participants will address concepts such as:
- Empathy and why it is important
- What is strong emotion: sad, anger, fear and how can they present
- Listening and reflection before responding
- Responding to emotion by summarising and offering validation
- Emotional awareness of health care professionals.
On completion of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Understand how intense emotions can present and ways to respond in an empathic manner
- Develop a tool kit of skills, frameworks and phrases to respond effectively to emotion
- Identify situations that may require referral and make an effective, supportive referral
- Understand the impact of empathic communication when there are strong emotions.
When: Wednesday, 14 April 2021, 4pm – 5pm
Where: Online via your PC or device
For further information or to register: Click here