- This event has passed.
Palliative Care Essentials
22 November, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm$125
FOR STAFF WORKING IN AGED CARE
This short course is for nurses, personal care attendants, lifestyle staff, staff working in aged care and those with a special interest in palliative care.
Upon completion of this course participants will have knowledge and skills on how to provide evidence based care to patients. They will also know how to support patients family members.
The course covers the essential aspects of palliative care including:
- Philosophy of Palliative Care and a Palliative Approach
- Physical care of residents during end of life
- Pain Recognition and Assessment
- Terminal Restlessness
- Communicating with Residents and their Family Members
- Cultural Considerations & End of Life Care