- This event has passed.
Palliative Care Essentials
June 13 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$225
For Division 1 and 2 Registered Nurses, personal care attendants, Aged Care Facility staff, allied health care professionals and any person with a special interest in palliative care.
Banksia’s comprehensive 1-day short course provides all attendees with greater understanding and knowledge of general palliative care. The training is relevant for Division 1 and 2 Registered Nurses, personal care attendants, Aged Care Facility staff, allied health care professionals and any person with a special interest in palliative care.
The day covers the following palliative care topics:
- Palliative symptom management including, but not be limited to:
- Non pharmaceutical management or pain and discomfort;
- Importance of the application of general care and comfort principles including diligent mouth care, regular pressure area care, thorough hygiene, etc;
- Managing the appetite and intake of a palliative patient;
- Advocating for a palliative patient when dealing with other health services
- Emotional support for terminal patients and their families;
- Effective communication in palliative care (with patients and family members);
- The importance of self-care, teamwork and support available for staff.
For further information regarding this course, please contact Banksia via email – email@example.com, or telephone: (03) 9455 0822 and ask to speak with Nerida, Penny or Kerrie
2019 Melbourne Course Dates
- February 14
- June 13
- November 14