- This event has passed.
Palliative Approach to Care for Aboriginal Health Professionals (Australia)
October 12 @ 9:00 pm - 11:00 pmFree
For Aboriginal Health Practitioners / Workers, Integrated Team Care Coordinators, Aged Care Support Workers, Registered and Enrolled Nurses.
The IPEPA program recognises that “finishing up”, or dying and death is a very sensitive business and its aim is to be culturally respectful to the journey that people take individually, and for those providing support to their nearest and dearest, in improving their quality of life.
This workshop is aimed at providing Aboriginal Health Practitioners / Workers, Integrated Team Care Coordinators, Aged Care Support Workers, Registered and Enrolled Nurses, and other interested staff, with up-to-date information and a greater understanding on what is involved in the palliative approach to care.
- To increase knowledge in providing a palliative approach to care
- To understand the principles of effective communication
- To increase awareness of pain management strategies in promoting comfort
- To increase knowledge of the multidisciplinary team approach to care
- To better understand care needs when clients are nearing end-of-life
- To better understand the complexities of grief and bereavement
- To understand Advance Care Planning
When: This program is delivered over 3 x 2 hr sessions:
- Tuesday 12th October 2021 – 10:00 to 12:00 pm
- Tuesday 19th October 2021 – 10:00 to 12:00 pm
- Tuesday 26th October 2021 – 10:00 to 12:00 pm
Where: Online via your PC or device
For further information or to register: Click here
These workshops will be co-facilitated with Mr John Wright, RN, Integrated Team Care Coordinator, Karadi Aboriginal Corporation