- This event has passed.
Cultural diversity and health (Cultural diversity and palliative care series – topic 3)
November 3 @ 1:00 pm - 1:50 pmFree
For palliative care, acute and aged care clinicians.
Join our free 50-minute online session and improve your knowledge and skill around cultural diversity in the palliative care context.
Topics in this session include:
- why is it important to consider culture in the palliative care context?
- myths about cultures
- negotiating between belief systems
Presenter: Tanja Bahro, manager of the Southern Metro Palliative Care Consortium has many years’ experience in cultural diversity policy and education. Her presentation style is interactive and engaging, and you will not be bored!
Each session will be delivered via Zoom and have a maximum of 12 participants.
To register: Click here.
The Cultural diversity and palliative care program consists of a series of 5 topics over multiple dates. Other topics and session dates include:
- Cultural diversity essentials (Wed 21 Oct 1pm – 1:50pm)
- Cross cultural communication and intro to working with interpreters (Thurs 29 Oct 2pm – 2:50pm)
- Health literacy and palliative care (Wed 11 Nov 2pm – 2:50pm)
- Working with culturally diverse teams (Fri 20 Nov 1pm – 1:50pm)
To register for the above topics, please return to the calendar and select the session date or view the flyer (and click the relevant course link).