Palliative Care Resource Nurse Course
August 28 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$1500
For Division 1 and Division 2 (medication endorsed) Registered Nurses
Presented by Banksia Palliative Care
Banksia’s comprehensive 6-day course is aimed at enhancing Division 1 and Division 2 (medication endorsed) Registered Nurses’ understanding and knowledge of holistic palliative care, resulting in confidence and capacity when managing palliative care patients and their carers.
The course incorporates four face to face, theoretical group education sessions and up to two days observational placement with Banksia Palliative Care Service, or a local health service for rural participants (optional).
Participants will gain skills and be provided with resources for utilisation in their own work place.
At the completion of this course, the attendees will have significant knowledge in the following palliative care topics:BanksiaBanks
- The philosophy of palliative care and the palliative approach to care;
- Palliative symptom assessment and management;
- Palliative medications, including commonly used opioids;
- Recognising palliative care emergencies and implementing appropriate treatments;
- Caring for the terminal patient and their family;
- Effective communication and difficult conversations;
- The importance of self-care and teamwork, including support available for staff.
For further information or to register, please contact Banksia via email – email@example.com, or telephone: (03) 9455 0822 and ask to speak with Nerida, Penny or Kerrie.
2019 Melbourne course dates
- March 20/21 and 27/28
- June 19/20 and 26/27
- August 28/29 and September 4/5